We are basically in a holding pattern with all tests completed. The transplant doctor has taken Ernie off all chemo drugs and we must wait 2-3 weeks before we begin the "priming" process for transplant. We are enjoying a welcome respite from doctor's appointments and chemotherapy, and will find out the results from the various tests on August 4th when we return to Duke for our next "clearance appointment". We are hoping to head to the mountains this week for some family time in Boone if Ernie feels up to the 3 1/2 hour ride. There is just something about breathing in that air that fills our souls with peace.
"I will lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2.
In the meantime I would ask that you please pray for the pain Ernie feels in his left foot and leg to subside. It makes it very difficult to walk and sleep. Our hope and prayer is that being off all chemo drugs will greatly improve his neuropathy in the coming days. Thank you again for walking with us on this journey. Let me leave you with the Nats and Grandpa: