Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I had several options for the title of this post: "Hair today, gone tomorrow".....or "Look ma, no hair!".....or how about "Patches McGuff". Well, you know the one I picked. Most of you would recognize me looking something like this:



I lost the mustache a while back, and Nick and Jamie have been cutting it shorter and shorter, but thanks to the chemo treatment, my hair has begun departing for a better place I guess.

Sunday we did not see much hair loss, but come this morning, well, the pictures tell the story:



At this rate, by Friday I won't have to invest in shampoo! Tonight we will go with no guard on the clippers to shave off as much as we can so it won't look quite so patchy. To lose one's hair temporarily to destroy the myeloma is an easy choice.

Thank you all so much for the love, concern and prayers. We love you!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Mr. Ernie you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive attitude and the fact you are always smiling no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great no matter if you have tons of hair or none at all. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad my suggestion of Patches Mcguff made the blog ;)

    lookin good old man, shave it off and show Mr. Clean how its done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you're handsome no matter what!!!! And what a perspective: lose the hair and beat the myeloma! Love you Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with tara. so handsome and such a good attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hair or no hair... you are smiling and that is what we all I LOVE to see!

    ReplyDelete