Friday, April 8, 2011

A Look Back to 1983

After recently visiting with our dear friends, the Hearns, in Marietta, I had to come home and search for pictures I remembered taking when Leah was a baby. What a blessing to look back and see Sandi holding Leah in 1983, and now standing beside Shannon (her daughter), Emery and Leah in 2011!

Sandi rocking Leah in July of 1983 when she was about a week old


Shannon, Emery, Sandi and Leah in March of 2011

Another vivid memory took place on a visit to Georgia when Leah was about 7 months old. I distinctly remember Sandi chasing Leah in her home as she discovered stairs for the first time! Here is the shot of the two of them in action:

Watch out..."The Bullet" has discovered stairs!
I still marvel at this longtime friendship and love looking back on fond memories of time spent together when our now 'grown children' were young. I hope we can enjoy many more years together creating memories as grandmothers!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and why not get in touch with a dear friend you haven't seen in a while. You'll be glad you did!

3 comments:

  1. I remember those days in Boca Raton too, and what a wonderful and sweet neighbor Sandi was. She has become my friend as well. Sandi and her husband Al have remained such a dear friends to Linda, Ernie, and their whole family. Linda has a plaque on her desk that reads "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves."
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing these flashback pictures! Thanks for finding them, scanning them, and sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that rocking chair!

    ReplyDelete