Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Movie, A Park, Dinner and Cuddles!

My birthday was on March 1st and I had so much fun spending much of it with our oldest grandchildren. It isn't often we get to devote all our attention to just them. EZ and I were thrilled to be heading for the movies to see "Puss and Boots", courtesy of  Nathan and Natalie. Very cute movie by the way!

What made this so special was the fact that it would be the first time Ernie and I had been to a movie theater in two years! This used to be one of our favorite "date" activities and we have really missed it. Up until now, we didn't think he could comfortably "sit" long enough to get through a movie, unless we could find one with recliners (anyone know of one like that in the Raleigh area?). However, the Raleighwood Cinema Grill actually has swivel high backed rolling padded chairs which worked for EZ! We had a great time and were even treated to ice cream sundaes, popcorn and a root beer float. (I apologize in advance for the quality of these first pictures...only had my phone and it was pretty dark.)



























It was such a beautiful day that we couldn't resist stopping by a favorite park on the way home to let the Nats burn off some energy!


 We arrived back at the Dews just in time to sit down for a delicious birthday dinner prepared by Tara, Jamie and Gigi, that included two of my favorites...flank steak and mashed potatoes. Soon it was time for a cherry turnover with vanilla ice cream. Tara was out of candles so we pretended!























Definitely loved spending the day with my family, though we missed Leah, Kyle and Emery for sure. Thanks everyone for spoiling me!






























It was a wonderful birthday filled with fun memories. I am grateful and blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing the Nats to take you and Grandpa to the movie for your birthday! They had so much fun and are still talking about it! Glad that we could show you how special you are to us! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your birthday too. As I have said practically every year since your were born, you are everything in a daughter your dad and and I ever wished for and more. We were certainly blessed when you came into our lives. I love you so very much! Mom

    ReplyDelete