Friday, June 17, 2011

Fabulous Food Friday!

With EZ's inability to sit comfortably for very long, comes MUCH less dining out and much more dining in, which has actually been a blessing. I'm sure it comes as no surprise to any of you by now that I love to cook, so in addition to saving money by not going out to eat, I have enjoyed preparing many of our favorite meals and trying new recipes in the comfort of our own home (or cabin in this case!). Here is a snapshot of some of our yummy meals while in Boone. *All you nutritionists and Weight Watchers, close your eyes. Though I must say we try to cut calories when we can and eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables!


Flank steak and corn on the grill

Crock pot BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches with my mom's homemade potato salad

Take out Bandana's ribs with fried okra, homemade squash casserole and potato salad

Steak and eggs with homemade hashbrowns

Reduced fat Jimmy Dean sausage

Fresh blueberry pancakes

Fresh fruit salad
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, and don't forget to enjoy some delicious summer food and then take a nice long walk to count your blessings!

6 comments:

  1. all of that food looks so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the fact that YES, it all was so yummy!!!! Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Seriously Linda...You guys have the best looking food!! :) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing cook! No wonder you love the Pioneer Woman so much! Mmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the red looking food item in pics 2, 3 and 4? I noticed it in a bowl in a previous pic and thought it might to watermelon but now I don't think so. :D

    ReplyDelete