Friday, June 24, 2011

Patriotic Salad Anyone?

Blueberries recently went on sale so I decided to add them to one of my favorite salads. Combined with the craisins and fresh pears, I realized it became red, white and blue, just perfect for the Fourth of July (which is right around the corner!). Toasted Pecans, with their hint of cinnamon, add a delicious touch and you will find yourself digging for every last one. Feel free to sprinkle on whatever else suits your fancy...goat cheese, feta cheese, bleu cheese, steak, or chunks of chicken...and viola`!


What makes this salad even better to me is the homemade dressing. Just gotta have it!

2 T maple syrup
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 T soy sauce
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 large shallot, minced
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 t dijon mustard

And of course to add a little crunch on the side,  go right out to Harris Teeter and buy some of their Pepperjack Pimento Cheese to spread on crackers or toasted rounds. Melt that cheese just a bit and  you will be hooked...delicious!


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. The salad looks delicious! I love goat cheese AND blueberries. I put them in everything I can while they're in season (not as good when you have to buy frozen). Wish we had a Harris Teeter here in Orlando!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, Mom! You are a great cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda- I just marvel at all the similarities between us Myeloma families! Great food, great family, great dogs and the great outdoors! Loooooove your pictures of the in and outdoors and the people and the pets!! EZ is just a few months behind me, but wow the similarities are startling! Let him know the awful neuropathy does subside!!! Mine is so much better now and July 5th is my one year. All my best to you, EZ and your beautiful family! I'm going to (try) to make some of your great food!!! Your lake house scenery is stunning!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete