Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Scrumptious Salads

My Mom and I have definitely been on a salad kick lately and for the most part EZ and Nick enjoy them as well. Not the boring "lettuce, tomato, cucumber and you're done" kind, but the "add all sorts of yummy stuff" kind. From fruit to pecans to goat cheese to green olives to hard boiled eggs to real bacon and avocado, the sky's the limit! And as far as dressings go, make your own or use your favorite bottled type. Of course EZ has never used dressing (dressing is half the fun right?) Right now I love Mazaretti's Poppy Seed for anything with fruit, and prefer to make my own 1/2 cup balsamic/1/2 cup canola oil/1/4 cup Splenda combination for green salads. Of course Bleu Cheese, Buttermilk Ranch and Italian never disappoint...just try to use sparingly so as not to mask the delicious ingredients you are trying to enjoy! There are still so many varieties we want to try, and of course fruit salad and pasta salad are always a hit as well. Here are some pictures of the different salads we put together the past couple of months. It's fun to see all the colors and flavors work together and it makes for a nice presentation as well. Here's to eating more salads!
















10 comments:

  1. Yummy! I recognized many of these, but didn't realize just how many varieties you've made until you see them all lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm Im packing my bags and coming over for something to eat!

    They look really lovely and great photos.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm these all look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!! this makes me so hungry for a fresh salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. those look so good. i love to eat a salad but don't like to take the time to prepare one. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. linda,
    we should together sometime then, because this post could have been a list of my favorite things to eat!!
    i love salad. of most any kind.
    it's my single greatest craving, and most fav. thing to eat.
    these look SO pretty! and delicious.
    fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh all of these salads look amazing!! I'll have to use some of your ideas to spice up my boring salads! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I can't decide which looks best, they all look yummy. :D

    ReplyDelete