Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fatigue.......

I was warned, "You will be extremely fatigued as the stem cells work overtime to rebuild your blood cells and platelets". They should have said, that from time to time during your days after stem cell transplant you will lose, without prior notice, contact with civilization for extended periods of time. It will come upon you without notice and take you away mid sentence or mid thought and you might regain consciousness after several hours.......

I take naps without warning. Long naps. The other day I slept in until 9:30, got up for breakfast, decided to to lay down for a moment about 11:30 and Linda woke me up at 4pm. "What just happened?" was my only utterance to her.....she said "You crashed and I figured that 4 and a half hours was long enough".........what??

She finds me completely gone with my laptop on my lap, or with my cell phone in hand....gone to this world....exhausted.....fatigued. As a matter of fact, I think I might just lie down for a min..................

6 comments:

  1. Sleep all you want...and all you can Dad! Your body is working overtime and sleep is the best thing you can do to help it! Love you lots, sleepyhead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleep is good. let your body rest. good thing you havent rolled off the couch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making amazing progress and that takes alot of work, I hope when you sleep Linda gets a little rest too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are able to rest for so long dad! Your body is working so hard, sleep whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are getting the rest you need for your body to heal!!

    And I love the picture!! Too Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ernie - yes you think fatigue is being tired all the time but once this wears off it's feel fine, fine, still fine, asleep! ;D

    ReplyDelete