Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Children, Carols and Christmas Cookies!

Every year the childrens ministry at our church has the children make cookies for the nearby shut-ins and some of those on the prayer list. The prayer warriors at our church have been praying for me this whole year so I was one of the fortunate cookie recipients. In addition to making the cookies, the children put them in baskets, deliver them and even sing Christmas carols. What a joy! Here are some pictures from this years children's Christmas cookie ministry.

Granddaughter Natalie (pink shirt) making cookies

Grandson Nathan rolling the dough

Natalie adding the icing

Nathan really liked rolling the dough

Natalie adding special pink sprinkles for Grandpa's cookies

The final deliverable:  a basket with delicious cookies

Here are the children in my home delivering my basket

Nathan explaining how to make cookies (very detailed explanation about how to roll the dough)

What a nice surprise to have all the children come in to say hi.

Just before they left, they sang "Jingle Bells: and "I wish you a Merry Christmas"
Many thanks to the leaders who work so hard with the children's ministry at Stony Hill Baptist Church. What a joy to see all of the young kids and what a treat to have fresh Christmas cookies!

2 comments:

  1. What a neat service project!!!! I'm so glad that the kids got to make cookies, and I'm even more glad that they got to bring some to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!

    I have however been worried about the warmth of the shorts in the winter weather and then I remembered that long pants aren't always your friend when you can't bend too well.

    I went with a loose skirt but I could understand that in your case this might cause chins to wag! ;D

    It also made me realise how far I've come since I was diagnosed - my feet are now my friends again!

    ReplyDelete