Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Our Anniversary Celebration

On the morning of December 20th, our 35th anniversary, I opened my eyes to find a dozen beautiful red roses greeting me...a complete surpise since Ernie can't drive and was therefore unable to "run out" and pick something up. With the help of Tara and Gigi, he managed to pull off a huge surprise! Thank you to my Sweetie!



We are still not able to celebrate special occasions out at restaurants as it is too painful and uncomfortable for Ernie to sit for any extended period of time at a table. However, the Humphreys invited us to their place for dinner, along with our good friends the Shugarts, assuring us that they had a recliner, or a place where Ernie could stand to eat. What fun we had!


 Kim and Debbie - my former co-workers at Southeastern Seminary

Here is Kim's festive table setting and dining room decor:





Our steaks were grilled to perfection thanks to Kim's husband Jay, and they even offered a toast with sparkling grape juice.  Debbie's Million Dollar Pie served with peppermint ice cream was the icing on the celebration cake! (Guess we ate it so quickly I didn't even get a picture of it or Ernie, Jay and Gary visiting in the family room.)


What dear friends these two ladies have been to me, and we couldn't end the evening without adding another mug to our collection. While I no longer work at the Seminary, I drink from my mug at home and think of them and another dear friend, Andria in Washington, DC (who also has a matching mug!).

It was a very special day indeed! Thank you to our family and friends for helping us celebrate 35 years together. I love you and am so thankful for you!

1 comment:

  1. It was a delightful evening and so happy to spend it with you all! Jay got some pictures of couples, so once I figure out how to get them off his phone I will send to you! Thanks for documenting the decorations for me :) Love you and thankful for you and Ernie!

    ReplyDelete